I used to have a client-side imagemap of this website, but I realized that even a (relatively) paltry 15K image sent most 'surfers running away in frustration.
So, I've simplified the "map" into a heirarchal, ever-so-familiar directory-tree listing. Now, instead of waiting for one large image to load, a lot of similar, smaller images load almost instantaneously.
As an added bonus, the "list-like" listing to the side provides a more comprehensive overview, while simultaneously providing backwards compatibility for non -Netscape or -Internet Explorer 'surfers.
SUS AS STAR TREK
NEWS AND VIEWS
BOOKS OF MAGIC
The Phantom Menace
AUREN: THE DAWNREALM
VANCOUVER BY NIGHT
1994 - 1995
1995 - 1996
Explanation of Pages
Home. The top-level listing, reason for being, and cheery welcoming sight for this particular Web Experience.
Biography. Who I am, where I came from, and what my demands are. Failure to comply will lead to the use of excessive... oh, sorry, wrong intro.
Updates. What's new in this particular website. Updated regularly, mainly because web design functions as some kind of strange therapy for me.
News and Views. My semi-periodic update on the status of my life and activities, plus a forum for me to vent. If you like weird rambling leavened with the occasional dose of vitriol, come on in.
Neat Stuff. What I like, what I'm fond of, and what I'm obsessed by. Not for the faint hearted. Children under 10 and seniors with a medical condition should not browse without first waiving their rights to sue the author.
Media. Hey, it's a microwave a-buzzin' sattelite-dish a-sproutin' global village of a world! You can either rejoice or despair, but whatever you do, give it some thought.
Auren: The Dawnrealm. My old AD&D campaign. It's still in the running (ever so infrequently, these days), but all the information is general DM's notes, nothing that my players don't already know...
- Music. What I'm listening to, and why I'm either raving about it or regretting having forked over $15 for the damn CD.
- CD List. An anal-rententive list of the CD's in my collection.
- Literature. What I'm reading and why it's keeping me awake until all ungodly hours of the morning.
- The Books of Magic. This is my local fan-page, largely 'cause, until recently, I couldn't find any other similar pages on the Web.
- Movies. Why I dedicate two hours and five bucks ever week or so to plunk myself into an uncomfortable chair and stare at a screen bigger than the side of my garage.
- Summer '97 A collected capsule review of all the movies I saw last summer.
- Fall '97 A collected capsule review of all the movies I've seen since last summer.
- The Phantom Menace Fanboy yeah! Twenty years in the making! Woo!
- Television. Why I waste umpteen hours staring at a smaller screen in myliving room, then rush out to get the merchandise associated to the stuff I've been staring at.
Vancouver by Night. A starkly post-modern fantastical look at a my hometown of Vancouver, converted into a haunt for the strange denziens of the World of Darkness.
Video Games. Or why I suffer from RSI and Mouse Finger Syndrome.
Tiles. The results of me dicking around with Kai's Power Tools and Adobe Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro.
Bitterness. My poisoned, hurt and wounded ranting when my life seemed bleakest and I really could have used the example of someone else having a crappier time than me. This particular page was a kind of dark therapy, an exorcism of particular demons.
SUS Quotes. Double entendres, inappropriate mutterings, or just out-of-context statements recorded and webbified, all for the amusement, edification, and (hopefully) monetary enrichment of the author. Ain't blackmail grand?
Links. Links to the outside world, arranged thematically and updated semi-regularly.